Sunday, March 29, 2009

Spring Trees






I LOVE these trees from the Kim Hughes set from Cornish Heritage Farms. They are fun to color and paper piece. Originally, I'd used the flower tree image to cover a box of Girl Scout cookies. I thought I was going to be left with A LOT and I was trying to figure out a way to sell them if I had to buy them all...yikes! I like how it turned out, but my troop ended up being able to sell all they had.



The paper pieced tree card was inspired by a card by Jillian Deiling in the current issue of Cards (April 2009, pg 97). It isn't a complete CASE, but it is where my inspiration came from. The sentiment "Life is Good" is one of my favorite stamps from Amuse. I positioned the ribbon to make it appear as grass...or at least in my opinion it does. :)

I thought I had to work today, but was pleasantly surprised that I didn't. Now, I am spending the day doing what I want (which doesn't happen often)!

Thanks for stopping by!

Deb


Supplies: Stamps: Cornish Heritage Farms, Amuse; Ink: Stampin' Up!; Markers: Stampin' Up!; Ribbon ?; Self-Adhesive Rhinestones: Colorbok; Punches: Stampin' Up!

No comments: