Friday, November 21, 2008

Fuzzy Slippers


Wow, I don't know where to start because this card took forever to make. I am happy with how it turned out so I hope someone else will appreciate it. :)

These types of images are the hardest for me to color. I chose the chair paper first and almost immediately wished I'd chosen a different pattern, but only because I was limited with colors for the rest of the image.

So...here goes...the chair and rolling paper are paper pieced. The tree and presents are colored with Copic markers. The presents and ornaments are colored with the Copic glitter pens. I went over the ornaments with red Stickles. The garland is a Copic marker with a glitter pen over it. The 'wall' is SU Soft Sky ink, watercolored. First I sponged it, but it didn't look right so I watercolored over it. The floor is hand-drawn and colored with a Copic marker. The edge of the main image is inked in SU Creamy Caramel and the matted green layer is distressed.

FUZZY SLIPPERS!!! I so wanted to use Liquid Applique, but all I have is white and I didn't think that would work. I was pretty much done. I had colored the slippers the same colors as her shirt (with glitter, too) and was ok with it. All of a sudden it dawned on me that I had Fun Flock the same color! Woo hoo! It's the little things that make me happy.

The sentiment is stamped on the same pp as the 'wrapping paper' and horizontal panel. I had done it initially on white paper and inked the edges, but it was too much white. I just found an open area in the pattern and stamped there.

I added the little buttons as an afterthought. I like the one of the present. The ribbon is a ribbed velvet.

Thanks for stopping by!


Deb


Supplies: Cardstock: SU Garden Green; Patterned Paper: DCWV Christmas Glitter Stack; Ink: Brilliance Graphite Black, SU Creamy Caramel; Buttons, Ribbon, Distresser

No comments: