Friday, October 10, 2008

Halloween Ingredients



Wow, this card started 2 days ago (between trying to clean my office space and uploading pictures of my high school friends onto facebook, it's taken that long to complete). It started out being for splitcoaststampers sketch challenge, but I just couldn't get it to work with this.


Here goes....

I colored each of the jars with a SU or Copic marker. The labels on each are colored with the clear Copic Spica glitter pen. The image was heat embossed with black glitter ep. The top of each jar is outlined (on the inside) with Copic BG10 and then filled in with Stickles. Each jar was cut out and mounted on SU dimensionals and placed over the stamped images on the underneath panel. Each jar on the underneath panel is outlined and shadowed with Copic BG10. The edge of the jar panel is inked in black, but it wasn't dark enough for me so I cut out a black panel that barely extends past the top panel.The green panel was made with a Cuttlebug embossing folder and then it was sanded. The sentiment is stamped in black and then traced over with the Copic clear glitter pen. The pp is mounted on the orange paper and the edge of the orange panel is distressed.


How, I must say, I'm happy with how this turned out. IRL the jars really pop up. I like how the spiderweb turned out. The glitter pen on the sentiment is very subtle, but it catches your eye and makes you look at it again.
Supplies: SU paper (Pumpkin pie, Basic Black), K & co patterned paper, Cuttlebug with embossing folder, Brilliance Graphite Black ink, Embossing powder. Copic Markers (BG10, Clear Spica glitter pen), SU markers, Ribbon, Heidi Swapp Distressing tool


TFL!

No comments: