Friday, October 24, 2008

For My Ghoulfriends



This was a frustrating card for me. I really wanted to use this paper, but I couldn't get it to work. This layout is a sketch challenge from the My Favorite Things forum over at Splitcoaststampers.com.

I used paper from Imaginisce on this card. The image was stamped and then the dresses were paper pieced. The hat and tights of the girl on the right were paper pieced with the small polka dot paper on the top strip. It just didn't look good, so I colored over it with a Ruby Red marker and Copic gold glitter pen....better. The tights on the left girl weren't right either. The colors were off. I put Stickles over them to mute the colors...better. I actually wasn't happy with this at all, especially with the amount of time I had put into this card. I left it for the night.

The next evening, it didn't look so bad. I figured I would see what I could do with it. I selected the paper for the back panels. They are inked in SU chocolate chip ink around the edges. They are mounted on SU very vanilla cardstock that is inked at the edges with SU ruby red ink. The sheer ribbon is from ?? The image panel is matted on Ruby Red paper and up on SU dimensionals. The button is from Doodlebug (I think). The image is stamped in Brilliance graphite black. It is colored with SU and Copic markers. The broom and boots are outlined with the gold glitter pen.

The sentiment is stampin with Brilliance Graphite Black and traced over with a Copic gold glitter pen.

I actually like how it turned out. Yay!! Thanks for stopping by!


Deb

No comments: