Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Halloween Nugget Tin



I wanted to donate something for our Cub Scout Pack's Halloween Carnival. I am going to make a small set of handmade items and this is the first one. This is a nugget tin with patterned paper covered Hershey's nuggets. The paper is from K & Co. I purchased the tin from Papertrey Ink. The paper to cover the nuggets measures 1" x 2 7/8". I used my ATG gun and then glue dots (they worked better) to cover the nuggets. The paper is a little heavier than most patterned paper I have, so it was a little stiff to go around the candy. I lined the bottom of the tin with the polka dot paper. The stamps are from Papertrey as well, Spooky Treats II. I stamped the image with Brilliance Graphite Black and then in marigold from a Dauber Duo. I used clear embossing powder over the marigold. Then I stamped off the cobweb once and then stamped over the image. I like the way it turned out. I used Nestabilities and the Cuttlebug to cut the diecuts. My next item is going to be a small coaster frame. Thanks for checking out my tin!

No comments: