Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Handmade Burp Cloths



I am such a horrible procrastinator...it is so sad. I like to make things, but I tend to put them of until the last minute. I started these burp cloths about 2 months ago and I just finished them last night. The baby they are for is almost 2 weeks old. That's really not too bad in my world. :) These are so quick and easy, I should have been done in just a couple of days.

I went through a period of time when I wanted to sew and so I was going to make these for people who were having babies. I bought a bunch of cute baby flannel and guess what? That's right, I never used it. Well, I think I made some for one person, but I continued to buy more flannel, but no sewing was going on. Needless to say, I had plenty of flannel to choose from when I went to make these.


I also made a card to go with this gift. The card has been done for 2 months, go figure! This is set if from Stampin Up (In the Stars). The DCWV pp is cut into 3 equal panels and the sides are distressed. There is sheer ribbon around the panel. The white panel is pierced with the SU mat stack items. I stamped the 'wordy' star and cut it out. The circle layer was stamped, then inked around the edge and accented with Stickles around the edge (to coordinate with the glitter on the pp). The 'cherish' was stamped in white and embossed with white glitter ep.





I hope they like the gift! Thanks for stopping by!

Deb





1 comment:

Sandra Smart said...

Your burp cloths are adorable, and don't worry, ...at 2 weeks old, there will still be lots of burping up going on! ;)